Thursday, February 16, 2012

Baby steps, lists, and effort...oh my! :D

I am usually my worst critic, and often times the person standing in my own way.  How on earth can a person stay on track with a good frame of mind?  Series of little steps, planning and using time wisely...in fact, I'll just post my list.  Have I mentioned how I love lists?  Read & get going!!  What are you waiting for? :)

  • Frame of mind: the very first step is your brain.  Your thinking is the first baby step towards success.  Whether you think you can or cannot, you are usually right. -Henry Ford

  • Preparation: being scattered to the four winds is not conducive to a smooth operation.  From making a simple peanut butter & jelly sandwich to lifelong goals, it is important to know what you need to get it accomplished.

  • Action: prepare away, but if you don't move, you'll never get anywhere.  Sit at the bus station and watch the world go by, or get up and go. 
  •  
  • Early bird: when my day starts early, I get so much more accomplished!

  • Be effective & focus: spend time, it is not a renewable resource.  Make sure time is spent taking the steps you want.

  • Trial & error: find out what works best and repeat it. Good things can become habits, too.

  • 5 Skills to Master: concentrate, organize, innovate, communicate & choose wisely.
     
  • Carpe Diem: Each day is a new opportunity to start again. 

  • Happiness: sometimes we have to learn to be happy with nothing at all...find joy in simple and every day moments.  I love simplicity: baking a loaf of homemade bread, watching my husband walk through the door at the end of a day with a smile for me.

  • Self-Confidence: even when I feel doubtful, I know I'm the only one with the power to change and be the person I want to be.  Fake it 'til you make it...my current situation with my garden.  I have no clue when to plant what.  But I did it, and I am learning.  Slow confidence is the sturdiest.

  • "A" for Effort: make small efforts every day, they will add up.  Promise.  Just try, try, try again.  Get up, go, rinse, repeat!

  • Hope: when you have hope, you have optimism.  Positive thinking will yield results, period.

  • Come as you are: just begin where you're at.  Waiting for a sign?  If you don't travel, you'll never see one.
  • Ask:  don't ever stop learning.  Always ask why.  Why not? Why not me?  Why not now?

  • Do your best.  Forget the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment