Monday, September 24, 2012

Autumnal Reflections

I was just reflecting that this time of year is undoubtedly my most favorite.  I adore the subtle changes of sunlight, the crispness of the air and the colors that permeate the world around me.  I cherish it all - from hoodies and campfires to pumpkins and seasonal beers.  However, as this week progresses a very special day grows closer.  The day I gave away what cannot be bought, fixed or replicated, and once I also learned it can never be returned: my heart. 








After nearly fourteen years, my heart still flutters and I still blush and giggle like a little girl.  Despite some potholes and trenches, we've managed to stay together and grow closer than ever.  While I am blessed with my best girlfriends, there is no denying that my greatest friend is the man I married.  We've grown up together, fallen in love, frustrated the daylights out of each other and cried because of one another.  We have grieved together and best of all, laughed together.  Today I reflect on the most important gift in life: to love and be loved in return.



No comments:

Post a Comment