Thursday, March 14, 2013

Beauty Trials

Visible anti-aging results instantly, on sale.  I'm listening.  I purchased the trial of Beachbody's Derm Exclusive Introductory Kit and received it on February 21.  I did my day one photos and took a 19 day follow up.  While I'm experiencing technical difficulties uploading photos, I'll explain the product.  The claim is that you watch your wrinkles "disappear in minutes" with no invasive needles, no lasers, no chemical peels or pain.  Derm Exclusive says it delivers results as good as or better than cosmetic procedures done at the dermatologist.

Derm has 4 steps that target all four signs of aging: fine lines and wrinkles, sagging skin, dark spots and dullness.  These steps work together to "refresh, restore, rebuild and renew" the complexion.  It works for all skin types, is used every day and is dermatologist tested & approved.  The products contain no dangerous preservatives or harmful ingredients, no ingredients derived from animals and isn't tested on animals.

Initially, Advanced Kit's price of the 90 day supply put me off.  My cost as a coach is $90 with free shipping, Club members receive a discount at $107.87, and full retail goes for $119.85.  There is another kit for $165 - my coach cost is $123 - for a girl who invests practically nothing into skin care, that is an ouch.  However, being intrigued by a progress photo by a fellow coach, I decided to try it.

This is what I received with the Intro Kit along with a 30-day money back guarantee:

Step 1: Micro Peel Resurfacing Pads
(15 pads, 30-day supply)
Reveal super-smooth skin with a professional-strength peel that exfoliates dead cells and shrinks the appearance of pores.

Step 2: Intensive Repair Serum
(1 fl. oz., 30-day supply)
Treat dark spots and uneven texture similar to a laser treatment as you help speed recovery from past damage and restore skin's luminosity.

Step 3: Collagen Lift
(1 fl. oz., 30-day supply)
Boost collagen production for firm, lifted skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles with astonishingly powerful results.

Step 4: Fill & Freeze Wrinkle Treatment
(0.04 fl. oz., 30-day supply)
Instantly plump lines and wrinkles while reducing the appearance of dark circles. This breakthrough product gives injections and fillers a run for their money!

My complaints: definitely have to be sparing because with the amount of product I felt I would run out sooner than the 30 days.  These products can only be purchased in a group, so if I did run out I can't order just one thing.  The fill & freeze treatment burns and leaves a redness, but not at every application.

My raves: The scent reminds me of citrus - not overpowering.  I like the feel of the products overall, with the exception of the fill & freeze burning on occasion.  I have noticed that the Intensive repair has given an overall appearance of a balanced skin tone.  As for the collagen lift, I think it has "tightened" as advertised, but I'm going to let the photos show that once I can get them loaded.

My thoughts: Overall I like the product.  Do I think it is worth the investment?  Yes because I haven't had any results from the various items I've purchased here and there that are this noticeable.  However worrying if I will run out of items before the next shipment and not being able to purchase individually is a major negative.  I'm investing into the 90 day supply to see how the results fare from day 1, but I'm not 100% sold on it yet.  3.5 stars / 5

No comments:

Post a Comment