Saturday, January 28, 2012

Breathe. Persist. Repeat.

After a week of highs and lows, I have been reminded of some valuable lessons.  When you surround yourself with motivated and positive people, the bumps and hurdles become tolerable.  Your friends and supporters must understand there is no room for negativity.  When you are faced with it, draw inspiration instead of being discouraged and keep moving towards your goal.

 Tell me "You can't" and I am going to show you "I will."
 
Quitting on myself is not an option - EVER.  Even though I really want to at times, all it does is cheat me out of reaching my goals...and I keep that in mind!  While perseverance is a key ingredient to success, remember that your health and fitness are in your hands.  YOURS ALONE.  It is your journey, your goal, but you don't have to travel alone.  Make the decision - set that goal as only you can.  I repeat again: keep surrounding yourself with a stellar support system.  I would certainly fail... I have failed when I didn't have amazing people to lean on.



Baby steps (one of my favorite mantras) eventually add up to miles.  Anything worthwhile requires work.  And without goals???  Go ahead and work until the cows come home but without direction you will reach stagnation.  Ask yourself what you really want.  Define it.  Break it down into steps that are reasonable.  When a wrench gets thrown into your routine, step back, assess, reset and move forward again.  Modify, modify, modify!!  Get up, go for it...rinse, repeat.



"Do your best and FORGET the rest." -Tony Horton


No comments:

Post a Comment