Friday, January 27, 2012

Foundations

After my minor meltdown yesterday, this quote and photo seems appropriate.  Problem is, I usually throw the bricks at myself.  I had a major issue on my fourth day of P90x - Yoga.  I struggled, I faltered, I bobbled.  I didn't quit, but I was extremely disappointed with myself.  I sat and cried, feeling that I didn't get a good enough work-out because it was THAT hard and I wasn't able to hold many positions for long and some weren't accomplished at all.  I knew that feeling sorry for myself was the wrong path, but couldn't shake it.  I reached out to a friend and fellow coach who helped me to put my head on straight: 

"It's always hard in the beginning."  

Of course it is.  Just practice, give 100% effort and repeat.  If it was easy, everyone would do it.  With renewed purpose, and understanding that some days my work-out might seem lame, I remembered to be kind to myself.  I got up and did it.  High-five to myself!  I know my effort is starting to pay off, my sister noticed the changes in my body yesterday that I haven't even seen, which inspired me some more!  This morning I got back up, and I'm doing it again today!  Effort is what counts, and quitting is not an option. Off to push play on my health and fitness!  Have a great weekend - be kind to yourself and take care of you!

Get up, go for it...rinse, repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment