Monday, January 16, 2012

Milestones are Several Small Steps...

I took Saturday off and had a girl's day out.  Sunday I found myself out for a walk with my husband and my "old man."  He was so happy to be out for a walk and sniff -have I mentioned my "old man" is my 12 year old foxhound mix?  It wasn't exactly a formidable journey as JD led the way, eventually stopping half-way for a rest.  I enjoyed my time in the sunshine, the easy conversation and loved watching every moment of happiness that still shines through the clouded eyes of the dog who rescued me.  Despite accomplishing the exercise, I somehow felt guilty for not working harder.  Until just now when I read no matter what the time, a mile is still a mile.  Absolutely!

Today I found myself bogged down with the domestic diva duties.  Laundry had somehow piled up, the kitchen just breeds dirty dishes, and the house somehow just disrupts itself.  I worked out, and pushed more than I have yet to date!  Completion of yet another workout just somehow lends motivation to the rest of my day!  Tasks become enjoyable as I dance and bop around the house.

I look back at my notes and see I have steadily added new exercises and increased my number of reps.  Small steps toward my goal!  As I sit back and contemplate my day and begin tomorrow's to-do list, I feel a small glow of satisfaction.  I have lost 7.5 inches in 3 months and I have received amazing feedback from those around me.  While I feel each step is small, I can look back and watch my baby steps merge into milestones. I love progress! 

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing quite like walking in the sunshine. It makes me incredibly happy. Of course, so does a good workout. :) Congrats on making progress towards your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunshine is a great balm for the soul Jen. Gardening, walking, reading, having a glass of wine and so many other things are perfect matches for sunshine! Thanks for taking the time to read!

    ReplyDelete