Saturday, January 14, 2012

Set-back or Determination Fuel?

Sometimes life throws us unexpected events...a sick child, a bum ankle, a torn ligament, migraines, and assorted other not-so-great things.  Despite our best efforts, there are and will be detours in life. What you make of it up to you.  Finding the positivity in any situation is simply a matter of attitude and the understanding to adjust your plan to get on track quickly.

I found myself fighting an iron fist of a migraine yesterday.  I did laundry, started dinner in the slow-cooker, did a load of dishes, and eventually gave up and hit the bed.  No work-out.  No food.  Just water, medications, and my heating pad.  (I know I should use ice, but I hate cold and it actually worsens it).  Instead of being upset with myself, I plotted revenge on my headache and set a mental plan of how to best make up for time lost.

So today I find myself in recovery mode, sitting on the fence between pain and discomfort.  I'll be careful not to over-do it but I have a determination fire burning to bring my best forward once I'm able.  Identify your set-back, embrace your opportunity and bring your motivation to the next level!

No comments:

Post a Comment