Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Awesome-day

Wednesdays are affectionately known as "awesomeday" around here. I can't take credit, a friend of a friend started by listing things that were "awesome" during the day. Well, awesome!! I'm usually motivated, full of energy, optimistic and ready to move it. But I'm not feeling it today, ya'll. Today started out well enough, up at 6:30 to change the water for the chickens, refill their food, and pick some fresh greens for their morning treat. Give old man J.D. dog his food and insulin, kiss the cat and pet the husband...or maybe it's pet the cat and kiss the husband. *wink* Coffee by seven as I sat down to write and my mind just fuzzed. I gazed out the window and lost time.

I guess I can't be on it every day. Even the Energizer Bunny needs a fresh set of batteries now and again. Sometimes the body, mind and spirit are not in alignment and our emotions rub raw. Okay. Acknowledge how I'm feeling. I think my super saving sale on chicken, pork and beef yesterday made me so excited that I'm drained today. I saved anywhere from 50-75% by purchasing in bulk with my parents and sister. We all now have a freezer full of goodies that my dad and I repacked by hand for several hours. I even learned how to cut my own chicken and NY strip steaks. Learning and saving. LOVE it!!

So my mind wandered yet again while typing this...I chide myself nicely to get moving! I look at my to-do list and know it won't finish itself. On days where I just can't get it into gear, I just pick a point and start. The rest will come. Okay, laziness acknowledged. Time to refresh and move. Meanwhile, I mentally list my awesomes so far today:

Awesome #1: waking up.
Awesome #2: waking up and taking care of chickens that provide fresh eggs.
Awesome # 3: being loved. Messages from my bestest 1100 miles away, a smiley text from my husband that reminds me how much he loves me. A text from my aunt with a great quote and love from Indiana.
Awesome #4: great friends and family. I have the most amazing people in my life!!!
Awesome #5: accepting that I didn't wake up ready to conquer the world and just quietly move forward into the day.
Awesome #6: being able to sit with my coffee, reading my motivational pages, and writing my blog.
Awesome #7: going out and attempting to conquer my day!


It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things. - Leonardo da Vinci

No comments:

Post a Comment