Friday, May 4, 2012

Happiness is...

Find a way to be happy by doing, by being you, not by waiting for permission or being the person you are expected to be.  Ask yourself what you want - what do you love the most??  Answer that and you have already started your journey.  But often life gets busy and we lose ourselves and sight of what is important.  Things happen and we sometimes get lost and bruised...losing focus of purpose.

I found myself struggling with a personal experience, and the desire to hide away was powerful.  I have amazing people in my life who gently brought me forward and quietly reminded me that there is hope.  Oh yeah...I have purpose.  I fell apart but was glued together with the love and light of dear friends and family.  Point is, if we all give in to our struggles, we cannot lean on each other when it is needed the most.  We all carry our own burdens, but somehow we stop and set them down to help a friend.  I find being there for others brings peace, if not joy in my time of healing.  I know it will return.

If you find yourself drifting, search within.  Find the spark of essence that is yours alone and that light will guide you.  If you find yourself struggling, do not shut out the world.  Please reach out for help, even if it is simply speaking with someone about your experience: you begin to realize you are not alone with that burden.  It eases...with time and with sharing.  When we find peace with ourselves and strive to achieve whatever we are here on this earth for, we become shining beacons for all who surround.

No comments:

Post a Comment