Monday, May 7, 2012

Letting Go




Having difficulty "practicing what I preach" these past several days. Saw this photo. *sigh* Letting go of my fears feels impossible, I'm going through my process. It's been ten days, however, and I'm struggling to find peace. I sat quietly this morning and thought about it - the programmed loop that keeps pushing me down emotionally. I recognize I'm a disaster, and am determined to take over my mind and get those thoughts OUT. At least break the non-stop flow of thoughts.

I can't stop my brain entirely. But I'm determined to stop, actively breathe and ground myself in the moment. Like meditation - being aware of everything in that moment: sounds, scents and surroundings. Actively being in the moment helps to lessen the hold of my sadness and anxiety...though it still takes a lot of energy to focus at least I'm not wallowing. Even as I write this I'm struggling with tears. At least I've made the effort to look at my thoughts & fears, step one of getting my mind back in gear. My mantra never quit hums quietly.

No comments:

Post a Comment