Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Elderberry Syrup

Highly recommended and much anticipated, I located Nature's Way Sambucus at the local GNC since I felt too lousy to drive further to the local health food store.  I  have previously about the benefits of elderberries, but failed to source my elderberry tea from anywhere locally.  Since Western medicine has not come up with a cure to the common cold or flu, and I despise taking chemicals advertised to mask my symptoms, I spent the $15 happily in hopes of feeling better.  I had already responded well to my Brew Better green tea concoction, so I had high hopes for this little immune booster.

Sambucus is an extract of black elderberry, and is thought to boost the body's immune response.  I was raised in the Dimetapp era, so I naturally suspect anything that is remotely medicinal and purple.  Whatever patented formulation this is, I will take it in gallon form please.  I'd pour it on pancakes if I could.  Natural. No side effects.  Sweet enough to kill the worst sugar cravings ever.  Since I wanted to knock this cold out, I opted for the four times a day dose (besides, it's THAT good).  I'm still not 100% but after six doses, I'm no longer aching and my throat is no longer sore. The only thing I dislike is not being able to get a larger bottle to continue the daily dosage.

No comments:

Post a Comment