Monday, January 23, 2012

Bring out the Awesome!

My well-being is my priority.  Clean eating, exercise and optimism are not up for compromise.  After a very busy weekend, I reflect back at some of my choices.  I'm proud of my attempts to stay active, and my meal choices were good.  When life gets too busy it's easy to "cheat" on yourself.  You make an excuse and then decisions that negate your hard work and leave you sitting where you started. Here are a few things I try to keep in mind when faced with daily and often hectic life. 

I know how incredible it feels when I'm taking care of myself.  I am in tune with my body's needs - whether it's exercise, food or sleep.  When I feel good, I not only set an example by being healthy, but I can help others.  Win-win situation that keeps me in check. 

I want to enjoy foods that look and taste good but at the same time respect my body's signals that I've had enough.  I try not to judge myself if I "ate too much" of something that I don't normally eat.  I have one "cheat meal" per week and allow myself something I don't normally get.  And usually my splurges are healthier choices.  When I eat junk, my body automatically pays for it - I usually feel "yuck" after I eat something I shouldn't. I once had a love affair with sweet and spicy chili Doritos.  Now they taste like a chemical after I've eaten so well for so long.

I remember to be kind to myself: I don't believe in punishing myself with exercise for something I ate. (Mindset is everything).  I reward my body with endorphins each time I work out.  If I remove the punishment option, I take away the eating garbage and exercising like a fool penalty.  Keeping it clean and positive makes me come back for more exercise because it's fun, not because I'm beating myself mentally and physically.  Keep your choices healthy, be kind to yourself, keep a good frame of mind.  And don't forget to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment