Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pain is my Teacher.

I woke up this morning to watch a misty sunrise and listened to the symphony of my life.  Birds happily chirped, a lone bass boat roared across the lake, my pup stretched downstairs, my cat snored quietly on the bed.  I walked outside and gave the chickens their morning treat, breathed in the crisp air and gave thanks for such a great start to my Wednesday.  I'm looking forward to each item on my to-do list, which starts with coffee!

Switching on the coffee machine, I stretched.  Ouch: feeling that workout from yesterday!  Love that burn but remember the time when I'd have talked myself out of that day's routine just from being sore.  I see definite changes after my first year of fitness: both physical and mental.  I love the attitude adjustment after each workout. I know my muscles are growing steadily stronger, my mindset has evolved to seek out the lesson in discomforts.  I am still learning, but the understanding is there: never feel sorry for yourself, always try and growth will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment